From: Zinj <zinjifar@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: Yo Gerry ! Re Hate pages, unmerited lies & stuff
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:50:24 -0800

In article <udjiqv4kd81poo3a2catnk9ndml77hc8b7@4ax.com>,
tinmimus99@hotmail.com says...

<snip>

> Gerry, as Hubbard's ex- official- biographer, not to mention ex- "Kha-
> Khan"-- O what a fall! "or was he pushed"?-- is of too great a stature
> in the struggle against Scientology for such foolishness.
>
> Then again, like I say, anyone who's been through the mind- grinder,
> you ought to be fairly forgiving if they're a little off- beam here
> and there . . . .

'Forgiveness' is a good and necessary if all too rare thing. But
it has nothing to do with 'protecting' someone who's 'off-the-
beam' from being told that he's 'off-the-beam'.

Of course, in dogpile land, things tend to turn black and white,
and when cliques 'rally round the flag', choose up sides and
begin competing for public favor, the 'depopularizing' as Gerry
so quaintly puts it tends to call in the broadest brush.

By groupthink rationale, the 'enemy' is not only
loony/irrational/cruel/dishonest (fill in the other umpteen
blanks) but worthless. And since they're worthless now, and in
*this* circumstance, they *must* not only be worthless in all
other circumstances, but they must have *always* been worthless.

'Friends' who justify 'supporting' Gerry by pointing to his
valuable contributions are obviously suffering from this kind of
misguided groupthink 'solidarity', but no amount of 'shoulder to
shoulder' and 'circling the wagons' claptrap can disguise the
fact that merely because someone is valuable and competent in
one issue keeps him from being a raving loon in another. It's
*not* Black and White, and no amount of solidarity will make it
so.

Gerry may be the prime advocate for 'never say anything bad
about 'Our Side'' theory, but he's far from unique there, and
it's obviously a popular theory on both sides of this stupid,
silly, loony playground clique squabble.

'Don't Forward the Enemy Line' is Hubbardian bullshit, and it's
probably one of the prime causes of his own submersion in
paranoid dementia. Some kind and helpful friend should have said
'Hey Elron! Take it down a notch huh? You're starting to sound
loony'. It didn't happen, and the rest is history.

It's a *good* thing for the exhalted to be taken down a couple
of notches, not protected and supported into further blind
looniness.

Zinj
--
Scientology® - Deliberately killing no more than 0.5 percent of
its members since 1953