From: Zinj <zinjifar@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: Tom Padgett revisited
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:50:59 -0800

In article <Xns9423E642BE4F7kadywwwaifnet@205.232.34.12>,
kady@wwwaif.net says...
> frice@skeptictank.org (Fredric L. Rice) wrote in
>

> > At most I believe he described the cult involvement in a number of
> > hearings and such and claimed that the cult had taken an undue influence
> > as part of their written Fair Game policy. The only people I've ever
> > seen solicit funds has been to proceed lawsuits against the cult and to
> > defend themselves against fraudulent lawsuits enacted by the cult.
>
> No, sorry, I don't believe you're correct; I can recall no occasion on which
> the person referenced in this site has discussed his private business with
> regards to past relationships or child support disputes.
>
> You're thinking, I believe, of Padgett, who *is* a liar and a fraud. What OSA
> is trying to do, in this transparent third partying effort, is to try to draw
> a parallel between Padgett and another critic of Scientology, in an effort to
> 'dead agent' the latter critic. It is a futile effort, however, because, as I
> mentioned before, the individual to whom the geocities site referred has
> never publicly discussed this particular legal entanglement that I can
> recall, much less used it as the springboard for a fundraising drive.

There really isn't much 'evidence' that OSA did the 'deadbeat
dad' site; something that you would usually rail against had
anyone but you made the claim 'What OSA is trying to do'.

In fact, the site could be from one of your buddies, in
retaliation for the victim's patently absurd chutzpah in
defending (however robotically) Gerry, or;

It could have been from one of Gerry's *own* more byzantine
supporters, eager to sway public opinion to Gerry by pilloring a
generally well liked, even when nuts 'martyr'.

Or

It could have been OSA.
Admittedly, option 3 seems fairly likely, since the desire to
pour some gasoline on the fire is the kind of 'clever' thing
they do.

But still. It's not evidence, and I hope to god Diane doesn't
see you claiming it is.

Zinj
--
Scientology® - Deliberately killing no more than 0.5 percent of
its members since 1953