From: Zinj <zinjifar@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: The first time ever
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:54:22 -0800

In article <bnmb7o0mdc@drn.newsguy.com>,
Ladayla_member@newsguy.com says...

<snip>

> There's no doubt in my mind that he wanted
> Gerry DEAD. There's no doubt in my mind that his postulate to fucking silence
> Gerry permanently is still being carried out by his 'replacements'.
> Gerry, as far as I know, still has on-going litigation with cos. They will never
> forget what he did. They will not forgive nor forget him. They would like him in
> jail where they can get to him and snuff him. I have never met Gerry. But I will
> do anything that I can to protect him from cos retribution. If that means
> stepping on some toes on this NG, so be it. My purpose here on this NG is to
> expose the hurtful transgressions of cos. Like Kristi says " I believe that cos
> is hurting people and I want them to stop". I think that youse guys who MINIMIZE
> Gerry are forwarding the purpose of the cos to render him powerless.
>
> la

I'm going to address this a bit out of order, because there are
two different, but related aspects I want to address.

I don't disagree with any of your perception of Hubbard's and Co
$' desire to do any harm possible to Gerry, and ideally 'snuff
him'.

Considering the rabid nature of both Hubbard and His
'Organization', nothing else could be expected.

Where I see a problem is with your 'I will do anything that I
can to protect him from cos retribution.' Anything is a lot. And
a lot of 'anything' is a 'cure' worse than the disease. 'I will
do Anything' is itself the root of Hubbard's own rabid
viciousness.

Maybe it's just a bit of hyperbole on your part. I certainly
hope so. 'By any means necessary' has itself created at least as
much evil in the world as 'the greatest good for the greatest
number'(whether 'of dynamics' or not).

Next, the fairly typical 'all or nothing'; 'with us or against
us' black/white cultthink may cause you to be confusing 'cos
retribution' with 'criticism of a critic'; or 'legitimate
activist'; or 'guy in the trenches'; fill in whatever blank you
want.

Knocking Gerry off his own self-created 'pedestal' isn't
minimizing him, it's offering him the best thing a 'friend' can,
a little sane perspective. Criticizing Gerry isn't minimizing
him, it's helping him. Cultthink says otherwise, but cultthink
is wrong.

Are some of the people 'attacking' Gerry not just 'criticizing
him', but doing so out of their own opportunism, vindictiveness
and even hatred? Sure. So what. It doesn't reduce the value of
criticism at all. It doesn't make them OSA, Co$ or even 'tools'
of either either. Gerry is arrogant enough to create his own
enemies all on his lonesome, although, a lot of it is misguided
'ambitious group dynamics' for 'who will be the 'leader'',
something Gerry doesn't seem completely innocent of himself,
despite his protestations.

Now, as to the 2nd part.

> Gerry had
> 'run with them'. I said o shit they're going to find out about LRH! The 'they' I
> referred to were the scn'ists, of course. He said There will be a mutiny! There
> was more conjecture by us as to the consequences of the truth about LRH getting
> out and onto 'com lines'. We decided to keep it quiet as far as we could. As
> y'all know, the lies re LRH background etc became known.

Something that *should* seem curious to anyone is why *didn't*
the general mutiny happen when the 'truth' about Hubbard got
out? Sure there was the mission conference; sure the cult went
to great lengths to 'protect' the mooches from such 'dangerous
entheta'.

Despite that, and despite the fact that many Scientologists
*have* been exposed to the 'entheta', few seem inclined to
connect the various Hubbard Frauds with the fraud of Scientology
itself, although even to you it seemed like a logical step.

And why not? The answer is simple, if not direct: It's the same
reason you didn't do so, and instead worried about *other*
Scientologist's making the cog and going on to leave or mutiny.

Why didn't you?

Zinj
--
Scientology® - Deliberately killing no more than 0.5 percent of
its members since 1953

Thread