http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=13687-3DF0BABF-45%40storefull-2276.public.lawson.webtv.net&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

From: boobootigger@webtv.net (Tigger)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: CLairification of Fraud
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:57:03 -0600 (CST)

Date: Fri, Dec 6, 2002, 1:25am (CST-2) From: warrior@xenu.ca (Warrior)
wrote:

>>On 3 Dec 2002 14:04:14 -0800, Warrior
>> <warrior@xenu.ca> wrote:

>>>Perhaps you should put yourself in
>>> Gerry's and Caroline's position for a
>>> bit. How would you feel if certain
>>> critics were constantly...

Well I mighjt get a clue that I should either
check my sources and/or provide some proof to back up my allegations
that someone was OSA or I would apologize and shut up about it. I
certtainly wouldn't make a webpage which would just confirm how
clueless, or vindictive I was.

>In article
><p7qquu02s5r7d3i0t6k5tca6cj54pi41fp@
>4ax.com>, ptsc says...

>>I would have to go out of my mind to do
>> that.

>>ptsc

>Maybe you already *have* put yourself in
> Gerry's position.

>If not, are you such a cold and unfeeling
> individual that you are unable to have
> empathy for a fellow human being?

"Empathy" does not mean that one should condone something that is
wrong. That's the same old argument that has been trotted out many
times for Minton and Brooks. I can understand why Minton & Brooks did
what they did.....and I can even feel sympathy for them.....but that
does not mean I should condone what they have done for Rinder, what they
are doing for Rinder and what they will, no doubt, continue to do for
Rinder until he says: "You're free to go".

If more people had had more real empathy and sympathy for Minton, they
should have told him he was on the wrong path a long time ago.

Telling Armstrong he has shot himself in the foot with his asinine OSA
webpage does not mean people do not understand why he did it or even
that they have not had the same kind of feelings or inclination
themselves at some point. I think it's pretty clear why Armstrong
made such a webpage.

And if you can't see or admit it, I can feel empathy and especially
sympathy for you, but you're wrong in condoning Armstrong's & Lerma's
OSA webpages
and you are doing them (and all critics) a disservice.

Tigger

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

"True peace is not merely the absence of tension but the presence of
justice and brotherhood."

-Martin Luther King, Jr.