http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=f6058cf6.0210301208.29416c3b%40posting.google.com&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

From: ffracs@hotmail.com (Garry)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Caroline: Please wise up and get help before it's too late.....
Date: 30 Oct 2002 12:08:57 -0800

DESTRUCTIVE CO-DEPENDENCY

A co-dependent person is one who has let another person's behavior
affect him or her, and who is obsessed with controlling that person's
behavior...

Whatever problem the other person has, codependency involves a
habitual system of thinking, feeling, and behaving toward ourselves
and others that can cause us pain.

Co-dependent behaviors or habits are self-destructive.

We frequently react to people who are destroying themselves; we react
by learning to destroy ourselves. These habits can lead us into, or
keep us in, destructive relationships, relationships that don't work.

These behaviors can sabotage relationships that may otherwise have
worked. These behaviors can prevent us from finding peace and
happiness with the most important person in our lives-ourselves. These
behaviors belong to the only person each of us can control-the only
person we can change-ourselves.

-Melodie Beattie

Melody Beattie goes beyond the revolutionary self-self approach of her
famed Codependent No More, guiding your audience on an exciting
adventure of travel and spiritual discovery, teaching us how to "stop
being mean" to ourselves.

Melody Beattie is the author of Codependent No More, a book that
touched the lives of millions upon millions of people and made them
better.

Melody Beattie is the author of numerous best-selling books. Her
writing draws on the wisdom of Twelve Step healing, Christianity, and
Eastern religions. She lives in Malibu, California.