§  What's New  ||  Search   ||  Legal Archive  ||  Wog Media  ||  Cult Media  ||  CoW ® ||  Writings  ||  Fun  ||  Disclaimer  ||  Contact  §

     
 

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=Xns941B18F33B46Akadywwwaifnet%40205.232.34.12&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: the unbearable looniness of gerry
From: "kady@wwwaif.net" <kady@wwwaif.net>
References: <FFJF3HOG37914.7641666667@anonymous.poster> <GCI03P7637914.8952430556@anonymous.poster> <bn27h302hqk@drn.newsguy.com> <Xns941AF118B6D89kadywwwaifnet@205.232.34.12> <bn2cr6084@drn.newsguy.com> <Xns941BC692FE1Bkadywwwaifnet@205.232.34.12> <bn2h960ef3@drn.newsguy.com>
Message-ID: <Xns941B18F33B46Akadywwwaifnet@205.232.34.12>
User-Agent: Xnews/05.08.12
NNTP-Posting-Host: 64.230.26.183
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 64.230.26.183
Date: 21 Oct 2003 02:25:11 -0400
X-Trace: 21 Oct 2003 02:25:11 -0400, 64.230.26.183
X-Original-Trace: 21 Oct 2003 02:25:11 -0400, 64.230.26.183
Organization: Lightlink Internet
Lines: 48
Path: news2.lightlink.com
Xref: news2.lightlink.com alt.religion.scientology:1650932

Warrior <warrior@xenu.ca> wrote in news:bn2h960ef3@drn.newsguy.com:

> In article <Xns941BC692FE1Bkadywwwaifnet@205.232.34.12>,
> Kady O'Malley <kady@wwwaif.net>, one of the small-minded
> and few denizens of the irc "natter club" says...
>>
>>You know, if you're going to accuse other people of not being
>>fully broken free from Scientology control patterns,
>
> Yeah, but only if... Another strawman of yours. I'm losing
> count.

Which you *did*, in regards to Cerridwen, which was what dragged me into
this dog breakfast of a thread in the first place.


>>it would behoove you not to use Hubbard jargon
>
> Another strawman.

Well, maybe if you would actually respond to the subtance of my posts,
instead of snipping out tiny excerpts, and calling them "strawmen", you
would be able to reply to the argument.


> Like I said, go back to your "natter club". I know it may come
> as a surprise to your soft wittle head, but the word "natter"
> was in use as early as 1829 -- 82 years before Hubbard had
> his first evil thought.

My soft widdle (which is the preferred insulting spelling, btw) head is
firmly of the belief that your use of the word "natter" is particular to
the Hubbardian context, since you seem to imbue it with some sort of innate
malice. I could be wrong, of course, but given your eerily Scientological
response to criticism of Gerry, I think it's more likely that you are using
it in the same way that Scientologists describe as "natter" any critical
discussion of Hubbard or Scientology. Although, of course, in your case,
substitute "Gerry" for "Hubbard or Scientology".

Would you care to comment on my original point, which was that Gerry's
obsessive detailing of any and all criticism of his Gerryness on a.r.s. on
the OSA Goon Page is, in fact, paranoid and kooky? I gave a specific
example; now, if you want to rebut my point, which in fact was simply
backing up Cerridwen's original observation on Gerry's inability to cope
with disagreement, that would be an excellent place to start. If you just
want to call me stupid, well, I guess we're done.

K

 
 

Thread

 

 

§  What's New  ||  Search   ||  Legal Archive  ||  Wog Media  ||  Cult Media  ||  CoW ® ||  Writings  ||  Fun  ||  Disclaimer  ||  Contact  §