§  What's New  ||  Search  ||  Legal Archive  ||  Wog Media  ||  Cult Media  ||  CoW ® ||  Writings  ||  Fun  ||  Disclaimer  ||  Contact  §

From: "Ball of Fluff" <cswazey@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: Sayonawa for now
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:16:50 -0700

<kady@wwwaif.net> wrote in message
news:Xns941D817EEE165kadywwwaifnet@205.232.34.12...
> "Magoo" <Magoo44@worldnet.att.net> wrote in
>

> > "ptsc" <ptsc@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >> Additionally, and another reason it is just as well to blow off this
> >> sick, diseased scene has arisen.
> >
> > ahhhh....a poor excuse to leave. OSA has been working on you and others
> > since ARS began. Each one who leaves is a huge "Win" for them. You can
> > say you don't care.
> > I do. Why? Because it IS a win, because and only because you are
> > effective.
>
> If you cared about why ptsc has left the building, as it were, perhaps you
> should look beyond your own preconceived assumption that anyone who does
so
> is acting solely because "OSA has been working on [them]", and take a good
> look at what ptsc himself has been very clear is the *real* reason why he
> is disgusted with what a.r.s has come. It's really frustrating to see
> people like you, and Kim, act as though somehow, it's unthinkable that the
> guy might just have gotten tired of, say, Warrior reposting OSA DA
material
> under insulting subject lines, or Gerry collecting every post that
> disagrees with him in even the most minute fashion, and posting it on a
> page of "goOn squAd follieS". That's "OSA", if you didn't notice the giant
> blinking letters on the page.

Yes, it is. And the backpedaling Gerrior is doing on this is amusing albeit
a bit appalling.

> Do you think OSA is working through Gerry and Warrior, and has convinced
> them to launch these attacks? If so, why don't you suggest to Warrior and
> Gerry, specifically and explicitly, that they knock it off, so that people
> like ptsc don't get the impression that for most a.r.s. critics, it's
> totally appropriate to behave like an OSA thug if your name happens to be
> "Gerry Armstrong"?

Gerry is the person who posted something I'd posted in response to him about
2 years prior to that, represented it was a post from a couple *months*
prior which then prompted some idiot to jump on hee and demand that I
apologize.

This was dishonest. So is his OSA follies page and his constant backpedaling
of same.

> > Sure you have your disagreements, and things that piss people off.
> > However, if you take the ptsc posts.....the majority are kick ass,
> > information filled, excellent posts.
> > These are things that help people wake up, as well as others who are
> > looking into joining see the full,
> > 3-D picture.
>
> I don't think ptsc is under any delusion that his posts aren't kick-ass,
> excellent and filled with information. I'm fairly sure he knows that. What
> you seem to be missing is that he is tired of being expected to play
> punching bag to people like Warrior,

When someone does not toe Warrior's line he tends to post repetitively and
relentlessly, naming threads after the person, screaming "liar", etc. Again
and again.

What a number of people here do here, on occasion, is the friend of my
friend, enemy of my enemy thing. There are people who take a dislike to
another contributor solely because THAT person and their friend do not see
eye to eye. This Gerrior thing is one such example.

> including having bullshit
> religiousfreedomwatch.org material posted to a.r.s. *by* Warrior, while
> people like you say NOT ONE WORD to object to such behaviour. I feel
pretty
> much the same way. It's not that I don't think my contributions here are
> worthless; it is that I don't think a dwindling cadre of slavishly devoted
> sycophants, not one of whom will dare speak up against Fearless Leader
> Gerry or his loyal minion Warrior, to use the most recent example, is
worth
> the bother of posting the aforementioned material. I'm sorry if that
sounds
> harsh, but honestly, you really seem to be missing the point to a
> spectacular degree.

For some people, it's more about who's posting than what's in the post. Thus
cliques are formed, sides are taken. Not by everybody but it's pretty
common. A number of contributors who did not do this have left a.r.s. A
number of those who are left are the sycophants of whom you speak. Thus has
the demographic here changed a bit.

<snip>

> > And this is news? I take this to mean you are saying some "Critics" are
> > really OSA? So what's the big deal there? Don't tell me for a second
> > you've begun believing Toothsucker? Please tell me you mean something
> > else, ptsc.
>
> No, I believe that his use of the quotation marks indicates that he
doesn't
> think some "critics" are worthy of the name, since they appear to be about
> as inept as Scientologists at thinking critically.

I think that's what he means as well.