From: referen@bway.net (Diane Richardson)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: DEANA and her "friends"
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:33:26 GMT

On Mon, 06 May 2002 12:50:07 +0200, Thomas Gandow
<gandow@dialogzentrum.de> wrote:

>roger gonnet wrote:
>
>> "Starshadow" <starshadow@starshadow.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
>> 3CD5368F.3060908@starshadow.net...

>> had

>>>Oh, so they sue people for the truth in Europe, roger?
>>

>Starshadow, You are well aware of the bizzarre fact,
>
>that Gerry Armstrong is sued in your country
>
>because of truth he spoke out in Europe.

I don't know about Starshadow, but I'm not aware of it.
When was he sued for libel in the United States for
speaking in Europe?

>That is against human rights.

It would be if it had ever occurred. When did it occur?

>That is against european concept of human dignity.
>
>Hopefully You agree, that it is also against common sense to
>forbid someone to say the words: "I one was in scientology" as
>they do with support by Your legal system against Gerry Armstrong.

There is nothing in U.S. law that forbid Gerry Armstrong from
saying those words.

>It is "crap".
>Jesse Prince: "Bob's retort was Scientology does a lot of crap
>and gets away with it..."
>
>They even want to go away with murder.

Gerry Armstrong signed an agreement with the Church of Scientology,
for which he agreed not to talk about Scientology in public in
exchange for $850,000. Gerry hid the money, spoke out against
Scientology in public, and was sued for breach of contract by the
CoS.

That has nothing to do with free speech. Gerry Armstrong signed
that contract knowing full well what he was doing. He changed his
mind, but rather than being honest and handing the money back
to the Church of Scientology, he hid it.

I doubt if there is any European country which permits individuals
to break a formal agreement without facing consequences.