http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ZSUCARG637597.3942476852%40anonymous.poster&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

Date: 7 Dec 2002 15:27:43 -0000
From: Anonymous-Remailer@See.Comment.Header (Cerridwen)
Subject: Re: Flag Resorts to NOTSoSubliminal Sex Advertising for L's
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology

"Magoo" <magoo44@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:zdgI9.47136$hK4.4132974@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

> "Cerridwen" <Anonymous-Remailer@See.Comment.Header> wrote in message
> > "Magoo" <magoo44@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >

> > <snip>
> >
> > Tory,
> >
> > Of the many critics here you are the one that disappoints me
> > the most.
>
> Ahhh sorry about that. How long were you in Scientology, C, and how
far did
> you get up the Bridge? Please fill me in, so I can get out
my "Disappointed"
> meter.

Like you I was in Scn for 30 years. I am also an "OT". I have posted
Anon since early 2001. I was here lurking when you were posting as
Magoo the Scientologist and I have followed your posts since then.

I post anon as I am not interested in becoming one of "Scientology's
fair game victims" {tm}or a full time professional victim. I like the
fact that I have my life back and can come here to ars and post data
about Stats and other information I receive about the C of S.
Ars to me is a ~newsgroup~ not a self help group or a group where
dysfunctional ex Scientologists should congregate and put
their "victimization" all over the place.

> Sure...I may disappoint you. Considering the *crap* I've taken from
people
> here on ARS since I left....that rates about a ...mmmmm......2...so
not bad,
> really

I know, I've seen it. You have taken a lot of crap from many people.
But there are others here that care about you quite a bit.

All kidding aside, I'm doing my best to heal and strip off crap. If
> you have some good suggestions, Please send them my way. Telling me
how
> disappointed you are is about as helpful as me telling you I don't
like your
> name. So?

My suggestion is to never stop looking at the Scn indoctrination. I
know you work on getting this stuff stripped away. I read your posts,
and I see when you realize that you have been running their crap on
yourself. It's been very helpful and enlightening to read those types
of posts.

There are a handful of Ex- Scientologists here that all pretty much
repeat the same PR line. That line is " Don't DO OSA's work." Now on
first thought, that makes a whole lot of sense. But then looking a bit
deeper, I have come to realize that it's not a good strategy at all if
it means that one is not able to criticize other critics or speak
freely.

"Don't Do OSA's work" should mean, don't out people, don't give osa
personal information about people that could harm them, don't talk
about strategies to expose C of S crap so that they are forewarned.
That's what Don't DO OSA's WORK means. It does not mean "Don't
criticize other critics" or "Don't speak freely".

If one critic is saying something that is wrong, stupid, a lie or any
thing that is irresponsible, they should be taken to task for it.
Because THAT IS HOW IT WORKS IN THE REAL WORLD. In the Scn world one
does not criticize other Scientologists, they don't criticize
the "leaders". I don't think we should have that same kind of mindset
here. Criticism is bad in Scn. In the real world critical thinking
and criticism in general is accepted and even considered a valuable
tool.

Of course one doesn't have to be rude and obnoxious when criticizing
but that is the nature of usenet and nothing is going to change it. IF
Ex's don't want to be criticized or taken to task for what they posts
then they should leave. They should NOT cry about how they
are "Scientology's fair game victims" {tm} and no one should say
anything mean to them.

God that is soooo Scnish of them. Can you see that?

It is my belief that if some is going to post here, and they
post a kooky bullshit post, then they should be called on it. Just
because they have decided to be a professional long term victim of
scientology doesn't mean they have carte blanche to say
what ever they want.

Don't be offended but I really think you need to relook over this issue
of freedom of speech and "Doing OSA's Work" and any Scn programming you
may still be operating on. Freedom of peech, including the Freedom to
Criticize others is far more important than worrying about
OSA's programs.

My view on it is FUCK OSA'S STATS AND THEIR PROGRAMS I will say what I
want to say when I want to say it and I don't give a shit about them.
They no longer control what I say and I resent efforts by you and
others to control what I or others here say.

I know your reasons because trying to control communication and
criticism is "for a good cause" but honestly Tory, I no longer agree
with that kind of mindset.

> > If you really cared about this woman you would help her to get away
from
> > Scientology. I can't believe you can't see that she is drowning.
>
> Sorry....but first off, I don't read many posts, so I haven't AT ALL
kept up
> with what Caroline has written. So no, I am not noticing how she is
> drowning. Secondly, in this post it seemed she was writing about an
article
> she read. How is that drowning? I need more information, vs opinion.

She posted the picture of the ad she was referring to on abs. Go take
a look Caroline is looking for and finding secret hidden messages in
things that don't exist. She has given a lot of years to Scn. They have
taken away her daughter. She is now hooked up with a guy who fancies
himself as King of "Scientology's fair game victims" {tm}
and he obviously enjoys that status. In the meantime, Caroline posts
reports of seeing hings that aren't there. It's time to take a walk,
which is not ONLY something Scientologists do. Normal people do that
do, to get away from stuff that is bad for them.

> > Let me know when you are ready to break out of the second Truman
Show
> > that you have found yourself in. I guess no body told you there
was a
> > second door.
>
> I've actually broken through many since I left....way more than
you'll
> probably ever know.

I am sure that is true.

But if you ever get to LA.>>>or if you're in LA>>>call
> me, and we'll talk.
> Until, what people have told me and what I know is way more than you
will
> learn here.

I'm sure.

> > You may not be ready to do that just yet.
>
> How patronizing.
>
> Just like an Indoctrinated
> > Scientologist, you already know everything there is to know. Right?
>
> If I already knew everything,,,,I wouldn't be here. Shame on you for
making
> such a shitty statement. You disappoint me.

Part of getting rid of the Scn Indoc is to be willing to admit you have
been wrong and also willing to look at beliefs you hold firmly in
place. You've done a lot of that, just don't get stuck in a rut like
many of the other ex's here who still have big chunks of he Indoc but
are cluelessly unaware of it and resent others for pointing it out to
them and accuse others of "doing OSA's work" when it is pointed out.

--
Cerridwen
OSA GOON

"Informing people doesn't involve trying to silence those who
disagree with you." --Prignillius

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats.htm